The 3rd annual Lancaster County Agriculture Week – Ag Week – will be October 7 – 14, 2017.
Ag Week celebrates the phenomenal impact that agriculture and the food industry have on Lancaster County’s heritage, modern future, food choices, careers, economy, environment, and more.
Join us at events, activities and tours to learn more about the positive stories of agriculture and food production and processing on those who live and work in Lancaster County.
Ag Week also celebrates the impact that Lancaster ag and food has on the rest of the state, region, nation and beyond.
Look for a special section in the Lancaster Sunday Newspaper on Oct. 1 featuring local agricultural interest stories, and details for events during Ag Week.
- Sat. Oct 7th, we will be partnering with Central Market in Lancaster for their Harvest Breakfast from 7 AM to 2 PM. We are planning a large, interactive display on Penn Square during the Harvest Breakfast event.
- Monday, 10/9 will be a kick-off event focusing on the impacts of agriculture and food on the local, state, regional, national and international economies. Venue and time yet to be decided, but it will most likely be a breakfast event.
- Tuesday will be an event from 10-Noon at Landis Valley Museum unveiling an apprenticeship program, and highlighting all the varied and unlimited jobs and careers within the agricultural and food industries. Secretary of Agriculture Russell Redding is expected to be the keynote speaker.
- Wednesday will be a fundraising dinner called “Denim & Pearls” at the Stoltzfus Homestead venue in Intercourse.
Tickets can be purchased at https://www.oregondairy.com/product/denim-and-pearls-dinner-reservation
- Thursday will focus on agriculture and the environment, but no details have been finalized yet.
- Friday, we anticipate partnering with Landis Valley and the Hands On House to offer special programs in the afternoon or evening, but those details are still being finalized.
The Chamber will be organizing behind the scenes tours at assorted ag and food businesses throughout the week. No details yet.